Many people love to fish in general, prepared in any way, but others do not have the same taste, that is why they have made the thousand and one ideas to eat in various ways, sometimes without knowing what it is. This recipe for salmon croquettes is a good example of how to camouflage it and that there are no foods protests.
We have discovered that, for the croquettes to come out perfect, it is necessary to cool the mass to the maximum. That is why it is advisable to prepare them from one day to the next, in this way they can keep the dough overnight in the refrigerator and the next day they would only have to shape them, batter them and fry them.
- 50 g of olive oil
- 400 g of fresh salmon without skin or bones and chopped
- 1 tablet of shredded fish stock
- 100 g butter
- 30 g onion
- 170 g flour
- 800 g milk whole at room temperature
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper and a pinch of salt
To batter and fry:
- 2 eggs beaten
- 200 g of breadcrumbs and oil to fry.
How to Make Salmon Croquettes
- If we prepare this recipe with Thermomix, we put the oil in the glass and heat it for 2 min at 120º with speed 1. Add the salmon and the stock of the broth and suffer for 4 min at 120º in reverse rotation and speed 1. Pour into the basket placed on a bowl to drain the salmon and also reserve the liquid.
- Put the butter and the onion in the glass and chop it for 2 sec in speed 5. Then the batter for 3 min at 120º in speed 1. Add the cooking liquid and the flour and suffer for 3 min at 120º in speed 2 Add the milk, nutmeg, pepper, and salt and mix 10 sec at speed 6.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved salmon and program 8 min at 100ºC in speed 4. Let stand five minutes inside the glass. Add the rest of the salmon and mix well with the spatula. Pour the dough into a bowl and let cool. We then store it in the fridge for a minimum of eight hours.
- To make this recipe without Thermomix, we crumble the salmon. Then, heat the oil in a frying pan and stir the salmon next to the chopped broth. We drain the salmon and store the liquid. In the same pan, heat the butter and sauté the finely chopped onion.
- Add the liquid to cook the salmon and the flour and let it make a little careful not to burn it. Add the milk, the nutmeg, the pepper and the salt and stir until there is a thick mass without lumps. We add the salmon and we remove. Put the dough in a bowl and let it cool. We then store it in the fridge for a minimum of eight hours.
- In both preparations, once the dough is very cold, we form the croquettes and pass those through the beaten egg first and then the breadcrumbs. We fry them in abundant hot oil and let them drain on kitchen paper.
This recipe of salmon croquettes to make with and without Thermomix is a complete proposal, so if accompanying it with a salad can be a great option for dinner. A number of croquettes will depend on the size they have.