Guacamole Quick and Easy Recipe
Sometimes the time is not enough to prepare a dinner or a large meal, other times there are family gatherings and there is no plate to serve. Guacamole is a quick-easy recipe ideal for times like these as it is a very easy recipe to make and is very tasty for everyone who tests it.
Preparing this classic Mexican is a delicate matter since there is no single recipe. Anyway, after consulting with a few Mexican cooks, checking some books and looking at one of the most prestigious Mexican restaurants in some countries, I think we have figured out how to make guacamole at home, and now we will let you know.
About the recipe that we are going to present you can make all kinds of changes, because as with many Spanish recipes, there are different versions depending on the area or even the family to whom you ask. In addition, if you want you can add some ingredient on this base recipe, such as tomato, although according to most recipes, the authentic guacamole does not.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 3 ripe avocados,
- 1/2 serrano chili or,
- 1/2 green pepper,
- 1 bunch cilantro,
- 1 spring onion,
- lime juice Optionally
- 1 jalapeño pepper or a chili,
- 1 tomato, a few drops of tabasco,
- 1 clove of garlic
To serve, pieces of bread or triangles of corn
How to Make Guacamole At Home
- The most traditional way is to use a stone mortar to grind with it the different ingredients and get a more or less irregular paste. Since not all have this instrument, you can use a classic mortar and a fork to do it at home.
- Another possibility is to use a hand mixer, but in that case the texture is too uniform and creamy, being good for fillings or spreads, but less pleasant to eat using the corn triangles.
- We begin by chopping very finite the green onion and pepper, as well as the bunch of cilantro. Then we remove the meat from the avocado and cut it into sheets or squares, and mix it with the rest of the ingredients with the help of the mortar. Add some lime juice over the mixture while we work.
- We try and rectify salt and if we want, we add the optional ingredients such as tomato or chili, mixing them in that case with the guacamole pasta already finished with wrapping movements with a fork, so as not to vary the irregular texture of our sauce.
- This recipe is considered as a quick-easy recipe because it can be done in 20 minutes in a very easy way. Regardless of the extra ingredients or personal touches, you can do it fast enough to enjoy a different dinner or share with friends or family.
We serve our homemade guacamole with a few pieces of bread or triangles of corn, also called nachos that we use as spoons and can be eaten directly from the bowl where we present our sauce. If we are not going to serve immediately, it is advisable to cover the guacamole with kitchen film that makes contact to avoid rusting.