Crispy cashew chicken
This is a delicious appetizer to accompany while waiting for a main course. With a delicious combination of chicken breast, this dish has earned the respect of many palates. Thanks to its very rich combination of ingredients and its crunchy texture, it has become something very irresistible to consume. With sweet aromas and a diversity of salty flavors is characterized, and in addition, accompanied by a fried but fresh appearance that causes endless emotions. Its preparation is really very simple, but in turn very varied since you can decide, where it suits you, how to cook it.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 c. finely chopped cashew nuts
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and thinly sliced
- 2 c. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. dry sherry
How to Make Crispy cashew chicken
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, sugar and sherry.
- In separate bowl, beat egg white lightly until just frothy.
- Gradually add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir gently until blended.
- Place chopped cashews on plate.
- Dip chicken slices into egg mixture, then coat with cashews.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Pour oil into wok, place tempura rack onto wok, making sure rack is level and hooks rest securely on edge of wok.
- Heat oil over
Medium to medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees. Drop 5 or 6 slices of chicken carefully into hot oil, using a slotted spoon. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3minutes. Remove from oil and place on tempura rack to drain and keep warm. Continue frying remaining chicken pieces. Makes about 32 appetizers.