Banana Bread and Walnuts
Banana bread is an exquisite recipe that many people call attention to. However, few know how to prepare it or how to combine it to vary its traditional flavor that reminds old family and friends that once shared a loaf of these with us. But on the internet and in some magazines we can find different ingredients that we can add to the recipes to give personal touches to this bread.
Sometimes the biscuits are made with soft olive oil to make them healthier, in one of the banana bread recipe essays you can change the butter for the oil and it does not look bad, although it loses a lot of softness and flavor. There are biscuits with olive oil that are very delicious and fluffy, but for other tastes, this has not been the case. We have also tried this recipe with bananas from the Canary Islands and it comes out great.
The recipe for banana bread is of American origin, although its preparation has become popular in many parts of the world, especially in areas where plantains are grown. The bread is made with bananas that are very ripe and sweet, with those that almost nobody wants to eat; in this recipe they take advantage of wonder because they make the cake has a dense, moist and juicy texture.
We have prepared the banana bread with 50% brown sugar, several people may like the taste and the dark roasted color that this brings to the bread; however, they can use 100% white sugar. The preparation of this recipe is not complicated and the end result is a delight.
- 150 grams of butter
- 230 grams of sugar (half white, half brown or white only)
- 200 grams of banana puree (2 medium bananas approximately)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 7 grams royal baking powder (chemical yeast)
- a pinch of salt
- 100 ml milk
- 50 grams of chopped walnuts and lightly floured
- Before starting to make the recipe we will have taken eggs, milk, and butter out of the refrigerator an hour before. Grease and flour a large loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180 ° C. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- We add the eggs, the essence of vanilla, the puree of banana and beat to integrate very well. Sift the flour with the baking powder and the pinch of salt. Incorporate the milk and the sifted flour into the banana mixture, beat again.
- Next, add the walnuts lightly floured and gently stir with a spatula to integrate into the mixture. Finally, pour the dough into the mold, make sure to distribute it very well and with the back of a spoon smooth the surface of the dough. Bake for about 60 minutes at 180ºC.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature before unmolding. Once cold can be kept in the refrigerator, in fact, several people like it more than overnight, its taste intensifies and improves with the passage of time.